What you need to know
Last updated: February 13, 2022
SOLAR Hope understands that our users are concerned about submitting personal information either through our website or other means. Our users’ individual privacy rights are important to us. For this reason, we provide this explanation of our data handling practices.
Our privacy guidelines are solely governed by Philippines’ statutes including, but not limited to, Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its implementing rules and regulations. This notice in no manner serves to represent a contract between SOLAR Hope and (you) the reader or any person who submits, in any form, information to us.
- The Internet address (IP address) of the machine our users are using to connect to solarhope.org.ph. This may also produce a coordinating host and domain name for our users’ computers.
- The type of Internet Browser our users are using to connect to solarhope.org.ph. Also, the pages our users are requesting from our site.
- The site from which our users immediately left when visiting solarhope.org.ph. Also, any ‘cookie’ related information as described in this notice.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of SOLAR Hope and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of solarhope.org.ph, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
We endeavor to serve you with excellence, and never intend to send you communication you do not wish to receive. If you would like to opt-out of any of our communications (such as text messaging, phone calls, mail, or email), or modify your account information in any way, you may easily accomplish this.
- Through our contact form: Send us a message via our contact form to quickly and easily modify your account information and preferences.
When contacting us to update/modify your account, please include complete contact information previously provided to SOLAR Hope (such as full name, street address, email and phone number) to help us positively identify your account in our database.
At SOLAR Hope, we utilize considerable security protections in order to collect and protect users’ information. Where necessary, we employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) in order to facilitate an encrypted connection between the user’s computer and our web server. We encourage our users to become familiar with secure means by which to submit information to SOLAR Hope. Our users should understand that Email is an insecure medium and that we discourage transmission of personally identifiable information via this means. In order to protect the data we store and to ensure our users’ privacy is safeguarded, we employ numerous security controls, follow secure processes, and execute internal audit procedures. Our users’ confidential information and personal privacy is of utmost importance to us. We strive to protect our users’ information in a manner consistent with the laws and regulations of the Philippines.